Wentworth's strategy is to become a leading integrated energy producer in East Africa, a region in which it has significant expertise and which is expected to evolve into a major oil and gas region.
The following key points outline the Company’s strategy:
- To actively explore for new discoveries of oil and natural gas;
- To prove up additional Mnazi Bay concession gas resources by drilling new exploration and appraisal wells;
- To develop and construct a large-scale petrochemicals project to consume Mnazi Bay area gas;
- To identify sources of natural gas to fulfill expected future demand for gas-powered electricity generation in Tanzania; and
- Produce and sell incremental gas to third parties